KI Design identified a privacy-compliant solution for a national organization's online outreach
Privacy Assessment is a type of impact assessment conducted by an organisation. The organisation audits its own processes and sees how these processes affect or might compromise the privacy of the individuals whose data it holds, collects or processes.
Privacy by design is an approach to projects that promotes privacy and data protection compliance from the start. This approach is not a requirement of the Data Protection Act which will help organisations comply with their obligations under the legislation.
Privacy practices review of an online outreach and data collection tool to be implemented across three provinces, highlighting areas of vulnerability and concern.
KI Design offered tailored information, access, privacy services. It follows the Privacy in Design method, focusing on issues most relevant to the organisation. We provided privacy expertise, recommendations, and practical implementation tools to resolve privacy concerns regarding a pilot project for the organisation’s online outreach tool.
Review Conducted In Three Stages
Jurisdictional Analysis: Building a profile of the organisation’s legal and contractual compliance with regulations within jurisdictions of operation.
Risk Measurement and Control Methods: Evaluating risk, reviewing control methods, implementing checklists, installing issue management systems and writing risk mitigation plans.
Solutions: KiDesign provides practical solutions which could be implemented quickly for the pilot project. At the end of the assessment, we ensured that systems and processes were in place. It supports the adoption and implementation of appropriate tools and controls throughout the organisation.
- Provide insights on the privacy implications of organisational decisions across three jurisdictions
- Review privacy concerns related to the nature of the outreach tool itself
- Identify steps to facilitate compliance in other provinces
- Identify concrete solutions to other privacy concerns
- Review existing practices
- Measure compliance and highlight risks
- Identify growth opportunities
- Offer concrete tools for responding to privacy concerns