Privacy Officer on Demand
KI Design will take responsibility for building a culture of privacy across your organization. We will train personnel on the importance of safeguarding privacy and complying with federal laws and company privacy policies.
We specialize in developing privacy and security for complex service environments, such as multi-organizational and multi-jurisdictional data initiatives. With our support you can be assured that your organization is legally compliant and accountable to the public. Please contact us to discuss how we can help you.
KI Design Privacy Officer
Privacy Officers may be held personally liable for failing to comply with privacy laws. Around the world, privacy and data protection laws increase risk of civil and criminal liability. For example:
Canada: Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (CASL) is under review to provide individuals and corporations rights to sue for infringement.
Hong Kong: Personal Data Privacy Ordinance (PDPO) allows civil or criminal proceedings for various offenses, including failing to acquire appropriate consent prior to using data in certain situations, such as direct marketing or data sharing.
Ireland: The Data Protection (Amendment) Act of 2003 has ordered criminal liability for both companies and its privacy officers if offences are committed with the officer’s consent or negligence.
United Kingdom: The Data Protection Act deems it a criminal offense for failure to comply with enforcement notices
What We Will Do
KI Design will work with every area and program in your organization to ensure that privacy considerations are addressed when planning or updating any program, system or initiative. We will strive to ensure that the technologies you use sustain, and do not erode, privacy protections. We will also help you to implement the Fair Information Practice Principles (FIPPs) governing the use of personally identifiable information (PII) through a comprehensive compliance process. Our Privacy Officers can:
- Evaluate legislative and regulatory requirements for the collection, use, and disclosure of PII
- Centralize information release and Privacy Act operations to provide policy and programmatic oversight and support implementation across your organization
- Oversee responses to privacy incidents across your organization to ensure that incidents involving PII are properly reported, investigated and mitigated, as appropriate
- Respond to complaints of privacy violations and follow up on concerns
- Provide training, education and outreach to build an organizational culture of privacy and transparency
Supporting Your Staff
KI Design can support your staff by:
- Offering consultation during the planning or updating of any program, system, or initiative to ensure compliance with federal privacy laws
- Educating staff on when to prepare privacy compliance documents, including Privacy Threshold Analyses, Privacy Impact Assessments, and System of Records Notices
- Offering training programs on the proper handling of PII and when and how to report a privacy incident
- Helping you to respond promptly to information requests
Managing Communications with Regulators
KI Design can manage your company’s communications with the privacy commissioner and other government regulators by overseeing privacy assessment and reporting, supporting your organization in case of a breach, and responding to client complaints.
KI Design can manage your company’s engagement with the public on privacy by responding to privacy concerns and questions and developing public communications on privacy.
KI Design can help you to build international partnerships to harmonize privacy and information sharing practices. We develop opportunities for you to:
- Learn about the U.S. privacy framework, Canadian privacy principles, and EU Privacy Frameworks
- Partner with organizations in your field to create privacy-protective international information sharing agreements
- Identify practical implementation mechanisms for established privacy best practices, such as the internationally recognized Fair Information Practice Principles