Crisis Response Services
Facing a data breach or regulatory audit? We can help
Responding to a data breach or to a regulatory compliance order can be difficult and demanding for an organization. KI Design’s Crisis Response Services guide companies safely through these unfamiliar challenges.
If you are facing a privacy compliance order or investigation by a regulatory authority, our team of experienced professionals can provide the guidance and support you need to navigate the process.
Our services include:
- Providing expert advice on how to respond to the compliance order or investigation, including required documentation and information
- Assisting with the development of a response plan to ensure compliance with relevant regulations
- Liaising with the regulatory authority as required
- Advising on the potential consequences of non-compliance and strategies to mitigate any negative impacts
- Working with your organization to develop and implement long-term plans to prevent future compliance issues
Our team is dedicated to helping your organization achieve compliance and protect your reputation.
You have just discovered that your organization has been hit by a data breach. Whether hackers took personal information from your corporate server, an insider stole customer data, or information was inadvertently exposed on your company’s website, you are probably wondering what to do next. You have responsibilities to impacted data subjects, and to reporting bodies, but you may not know what they are.
KI Design’s Data Breach Response team can advise on and implement next steps, and make any necessary notifications if personal information may have been exposed.
Depending on the size and nature of your company, our team will interface with your legal, information security, IT, operations, HR, communications, investor relations departments and management during this process.
- Assemble a team of experts to implement a comprehensive breach response. Our breach response team, including forensics staff, will determine the source and scope of the breach. They will capture forensic images of affected systems, collect and analyze evidence, and outline remediation steps.
- Support your security team in securing your systems and fixing vulnerabilities that may have caused the breach. We will also provide recommendations to prevent additional data loss.
- Conduct a thorough search of both the web and the dark web, and attempt to remove any improperly posted information.
- Capture and protect evidence from destruction or manipulation.
- Review vulnerabilities and provide security recommendations specific to service providers, network configuration, identity management, encryption services, and software applications used.
- Determine your notification requirements. Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and the European Union have all enacted legislation requiring that individuals be notified of security breaches involving their personal information.
- Notify appropriate reporting bodies, and law enforcement authorities as needed.
- Report to the executives, the Board, and shareholders as needed.
- Develop a Post-mortem Plan. We will conduct a data breach post-mortem assessment to provide your organization with recommendations for improved security practices and information technology infrastructure. KI Design can also assist you in implementing this post-mortem plan.